There is no better way to get more veggies and less carbs into your meal than via a Zoodle dish! (AKA zucchini noodles).
The other night, in an effort to get back on track with our eating habits, my husband and I decided to test out a new zoodle dish. It was DELICIOUS! A group of 6 people were all very pleased (and amazingly satisfied without feeling that regretful pasta hangover!)
So without further ado….
- You have likely heard of the Vegetti but my favorite spiralizer is this Cuisinart spiralizer.
- We also used an outdoor grill to grill the chicken
- Cutting board, knife
- Large stovetop pan for sauce
- Medium stovetop pan for sauteeing mushrooms
-Zucchini (1 per person should be plenty, but do more if you like!)
-Heavy cream (medium sized carton?)
-Shredded Parmesan Cheese
-Minced garlic (jarred)
-Baby Portabello mushrooms (sliced)
-Artichoke hearts (jarred)
Aside from grilling chicken, which we did ahead of time, this will take you NO LONGER than 15 minutes to make. So cook your chicken ahead of time!
- Grill chicken, dice, set aside
- Spiralize zucchini, set aside
- Lightly sauté mushrooms in oil (in medium sized pan)
- Pour heavy cream into separate large pan (no heat)
- Toss chicken into heavy cream
- Add tablespoon of minced garlic and oregano
- Add mushrooms
- Simmer cream/chicken/mushrooms/garlic for ~5 minutes
- Add parmesan cheese to your liking
- Stir/add cream til desired consistency
- Toss a helping of zoodles on a plate, cover with alfredo sauce
- Decorate with artichokes + pepperoncinis + cilantro on top
- Add salt/pepper if needed
This dish tastes just like a delicious Italian bowl of comfort food without the heaviness, carbs and calories of all that pasta! Sure, a bunch of parmesan and heavy cream isn’t the *healthiest* option but it’s surely better than putting it on pasta!